For the love of music
Who Are Acoustic Energy ?
Acoustic Energy Limited was founded in 1987 and originally based in West London before relocating to its current 15,000 square foot facility in the Cotswolds. In 1988 the AE1 was launched and originally designed to satisfy the needs of the professional audio sector of the market, offering great accuracy, precise stereo imaging, dynamics, and transparency coupled with high power handling and linearity. Due to these product benefits, the AE1 acquired a global reputation with musicians, recording artists and studio engineers.
Since the company’s relocation in 1995, AE has formed a strategic alliance with a large manufacturing and purchasing facility based in the Far East. This alliance has enabled AE to focus attention on further growth by targeting the more volume orientated entry-level, mid-range hi-fi and multi-channel home theatre markets. The first examples of this new production alliance began with the introduction of the ‘100’ and ‘Aegis’ Series ranges in the mid-late 90’s. Today these ranges have evolved into the Aegis Neo, Aelite and Radiance Series in addition to the Aego Series.
The immediate award winning success of these products has provided significant growth for AE, resulting in re-investment geared towards new product development and marketing plans that will continue to ensure new standards of product quality, value and performance are consistently achieved.
ACoustic Energy History
- 1987 With the introduction of the AE1 Loudspeaker in June 1987, Acoustic Energy Ltd. founded in London, England.
- 1988 – 1992 Due to the unprecedented success of the AE1, and the rave reviews and awards from around the world, additional models were deemed necessary to offer flexibility and growth. The range was expanded with the introduction of the AE2, 3, 4 and 5 models.
- 1992 – 1998 With the introduction of the 100, 200 and 500 series’, AE started to move into more “mainstream” hifi markets.
- 1998 – 2005 AE continued to win many awards and great reviews for products, such as the Wi-Fi internet Radio (the world’s first), Aego, Aegis, Neo and Evo Series’.
- 2006 With the ever-changing face of hi-fi and home cinema AE made the decision to introduce Custom Install and multi-purpose outdoor “Extreme” speaker ranges to complement our conventional speaker line-up.
- 2007 – 2011 Launched the AE MkIII Special Edition (gaining as many awards and reviews as the original AE1) along with the introduction of the Reference, Radiance and NeoV2 Series’.
- 2012 The introduction of the 3-Series in 2012 sees AE gain more fantastic reviews, continuing its reputation of one of the UKs foremost loudspeaker manufacturers.
- 2014 AE launched the 1-Series. The 1-Series represents Acoustic Energy’s latest affordable, yet highly impressive, range of entry-level loudspeakers.
- 2016 The third generation of the Aego system was launched that also included a compact Soundbar. The new systems incorporated Bluetooth and optical connectivity and remote control functionality.
- 2017 Our 30th Anniversary sees the launch of several new products and the return of Acoustic Energy to UK ownership. New product launches include the AE1 Active, BT2 Bluetooth, a brand new 100 Series and more…