The award winning F501 is the smaller of the two floorstanding loudspeakers in the F500 series but capable of delivering low bass and effortless dynamics from a compact, small footprint cabinet. Bringing additional scale and power to the F500 series signature clarity and articulation, the 150mm (6?) proprietary IsoFlareTM driver is accompanied by a matched 150mm (6?) bass driver. The IsoFlareTM driver delivers isotropic energy radiation with point source constant directivity providing outstanding stereo imaging, even off axis. Ideal for small to medium-sized rooms, the F501 is supplied with a dedicated plinth incorporating our BassTraxTM Tractrix diffuser system, which integrates bass energy uniformly into the room.
The luxuriously finished, contemporary styled cabinet is available in a choice of dark oak or black oak real wood veneer and piano gloss black or white. Enhancing its aesthetic appeal, it has a gently curved front and rear baffle which additionally benefits the acoustic performance by reducing colouration effects.
Winner of What Hi-Fi? Best Floor Standing Speaker 1000-1500
- System Type: 2 ½ way, downwards firing port, with BassTraxTMTractrix diffuser. Twin cavity coupled reflex
- Recommended amplifier power (Watt RMS): 35- 150
- Continuous power handling (Watt RMS): 75
- Sensitivity (2.83 Volt @ 1m): 90dB
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohm
- Frequency response (-6dB typical in room): 36Hz- 34kHz
- Drive unit complement: 1 x 150mm IsoFlareTM, multi-fibre bass / mid with 25mm titanium dome compression tweeter 1 x 150mm multi-fibre bass
- Crossover frequency: 250Hz & 1.7kH
- Crossover type: 2nd order low pass, 1st order high pass
- Dimensions - HxWxD: 984 x 200 x 320mm (38.8 x 7.9 x 12.6)
- Weight - Each: 18.9kg (41.7lb)
- Finishes: Dark Oak / Black Oak / Piano Gloss Black / Piano Gloss White