Analogue & digital outputs
Development of the analogue, digital and control domains ensured direct improvements of both analogue and digital outputs making the Apollo a perfect partner for the Rega Brio amplifier and an ideal ‘CD format’ front-end for the Rega DAC.
Compact case design
The Apollo is housed in our latest custom half-width case to match the Brio amplifier.
The top loading mechanism offers ease of use and unrivaled reliability.
Digital to analogue conversion
The output amplifier of the Apollo uses the high specification Wolfson WM8742 digital to analogue converter, the same integrated circuit found in the multi-award winning Rega DAC's.
The Apollo uses ‘digital’ power supplies feeding the CD processor, optical block and laser diode amplifier.
This is achieved by using the same high performance, low noise power supplies found in the same location within the Rega reference CD player. This vastly improves the playability, error correction and the ‘inner core’ processing of the digital CD ‘spinner’ part of the Apollo.
The discrete output amplifier has a THD of 0.0025%, whilst at the same time improving the overall sound quality of the output amplifier.
The user interface is controlled by using a dedicated display micro-processor, which eases the workload on the main control processors giving an improvement in the control code stability, usability and improved speed of initialisation of the disc being played.
Dedicated CD mini system remote control
A new dedicated CD remote handset is supplied as standard which also has the advantage of Rega amplifier functionality.
- High Specification Wolfson WM8742 DAC
- Advanced Output amplifier circuit
- Advanced Digital power supplies
- Intelligent user interface
- Advanced Analogue & Digital outputs
- CD remote with amplifier functionality
- Dimensions W 220mm x D 342mm x H 90mm
- Shelf height required to operate CD lid fully extended is 170mm
- NB. Lid will operate comfortably within a shelf height of 150mm without fully extending.