As we explored in our previous video with Aston Martin, there are a lot of similarities between high-performance automotive and high-performance audio. From the use of lightweight and rigid materials, to the constant quest to better performance, to the bespoke and hand-built quality of construction, the two industries have far more in common than at first blush. And, many of our fellow audio lovers share a passion for great cars and turntables alike. Like the British audio equipment we represent in North America, Simon Crossley of McLaren Dallas and the Avondale Premier Collection walks us through a storied UK auto brand, McLaren Automotive.
McLaren is an iconic automaker, with a long history in racing and performance-built street legal sports cars. While at first glance you may not see a lot of similarities to our audio products, the shared passions for quality, performance, and innovation become evident as we learn more about McLaren Automotive. Watch now:
What did you think? Let us know in the video comments! And don't forget to like and subscribe so you never miss an episode of SoundOrg TV! Did we miss something? Then let us know and we'll answer your questions in a future episode!
About SoundOrg TV: SoundOrg TV sets out to bring the designers and manufacturers of some of the UK's finest audio brands closer to North American audio lovers. Between interviews with the companies, product announcements, and chats with reviewers and retailers, The Sound Organisation sets out to pull the curtain back on the hi-fi industry and rekindle everyone's love of great music. New episodes air on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Like and subscribe so you never miss any episode!
Watch More SoundOrg TV:
- Episode 1: Introducing SoundOrg TV
- Episode 2: Colin Pratt of Chord Electronics
- Episode 3: Max Maud of Fyne Audio
- Episode 4: Alan Gibb of The Chord Company
- Episode 5: Roy Gandy of Rega Research
- Episode 6: Jeff Dorgay of Tone Publications
- Episode 7: Phillip Swift and Mike Picanza of Spendor Audio
- Episode 8: 2Yu Deep Dive with Colin Pratt
- Episode 9: Kurt Fegraeus and Aston Martin
- Episode 10: Ashton Wagner of Rega Research
- Episode 11: Simon Crossley of McLaren Automotive
- Episode 12: Eddie Spruit of Quadraspire