In a slight departure from the previous episodes, we stepped out the Sound Organisation studio and the Audio Industry as a whole to take a look at another form of high-performance, hand-built machinery: Aston Martin. When we talk to other audio lovers, we find that the conversation almost always turns to our other pursuits: watches, clothing, cameras, and automobiles, to name a few. Like the UK-made audio equipment we represent in North America, Kurt Fegraeus of the Avondale Premier Collection represents automobiles that capture the artistry of bespoke personalization, attention to details, and quality over quantity.
We understand how cars can be a big departure from turntables, but as you'll see in the video, they have a lot more in common that you might think. The inclusion of lightweight, rigid materials is very similar to our earlier discussion of Roy Gandy on how he designed the Rega Planar series of turntables. Similar to our British audio brands, Aston Martin builds all their vehicles by hand, with minimal robotic assistance. Finally, the attention to detail and quest for perfect performance is something both auto and audio lovers can appreciate. Watch now:
What did you think? Let us know in the video comments! And don't forget to like and subscribe so you never miss an episode of SoundOrg TV! Did we miss something? Then let us know and we'll answer your questions in a future episode!
About SoundOrg TV: SoundOrg TV sets out to bring the designers and manufacturers of some of the UK's finest audio brands closer to North American audio lovers. Between interviews with the companies, product announcements, and chats with reviewers and retailers, The Sound Organisation sets out to pull the curtain back on the hi-fi industry and rekindle everyone's love of great music. New episodes air on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Like and subscribe so you never miss any episode!
Watch More SoundOrg TV:
- Episode 1: Introducing SoundOrg TV
- Episode 2: Colin Pratt of Chord Electronics
- Episode 3: Max Maud of Fyne Audio
- Episode 4: Alan Gibb of The Chord Company
- Episode 5: Roy Gandy of Rega Research
- Episode 6: Jeff Dorgay of Tone Publications
- Episode 7: Phillip Swift and Mike Picanza of Spendor Audio
- Episode 8: 2Yu Deep Dive with Colin Pratt
- Episode 9: Kurt Fegraeus and Aston Martin
- Episode 10: Ashton Wagner of Rega Research
- Episode 11: Simon Crossley of McLaren Automotive
- Episode 12: Eddie Spruit of Quadraspire