U.S. Warranty Registration
Rega warrants this product with a three-year limited warranty with the exception of laser mechanisms and phono cartridges, which are warranted for one year. Warranty is non-transferable.
This warranty covers U.S. sold/distributed products only. In order for the warranty to be valid, you must maintain the original receipt and original packaging. Contact your Rega Retailer for repair. Please see Limited Warranty below for more information.
What the Warranty Covers
This warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship under use and service for the above-stated warranty period. Rega Research’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement or repair of any part or parts that Rega Research shall examine and deem to be defective. Transportation and/or shipping costs are not included in the terms of this warranty. Rega Research will not be responsible for defects caused by accidental damage, damage in return transit, improper testing or operation, vandalism, neglect, misuse, abuse, or alteration. There are no warranties other than expressly set forth herein.
Terms and Conditions
- Limited Warranty: Rega warrants the product designated herein to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship, subject to the conditions hereafter set, for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser or no later than four (4) years from the date of shipment to the authorized Rega Dealer, whichever comes first. Excepting laser mechanisms and phono cartridges, which are warranted for one (1) year from the date of purchase, or two (2) years from date of shipment to authorized Rega Dealer.
- Conditions: This warranty is subject to the following conditions and limitations. The warranty is void and inapplicable if the product has been used or handled other than in accordance with the instructions in the owner’s manual, abused or misused, damaged by accident or neglect or in being transported, or the defect is due to the product being repaired or tampered with by anyone other than Rega or an authorized Rega Repair Center. The product must be shipped in the original packing and returned to Rega or an authorized Rega Repair Center by the customer at his or her sole expense. Rega will pay return freight of its choice. A WRITTEN DESCRIPTION OF THE DEFECT, AND A PHOTO COPY OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY A RETURNED PRODUCT. The purchase receipt must clearly list model and serial number, date of purchase, the name and address of the purchaser and authorized Rega Dealer as well as the price paid by the purchaser. Rega reserves the right to modify the design of any product without obligation to purchasers of previously manufactured products and to change the prices or specifications of any product without notice or obligation to any person.
- Remedy: In the event that the above product fails to meet the above warranty and the above conditions have been met, the purchaser’s sole remedy under this Limited Warranty shall be to return the product to Rega or an authorized Rega Repair Center where the defect will be rectified without charge for parts or labor. Please see 6 – Stylus/Drive Belt.
- Limited to Original Purchaser: This warranty is for the sole benefit of the original purchaser of the covered product and shall not be transferred to a subsequent purchaser of the product.
- Duration of Warranty: This warranty expires on the third anniversary, first for laser mechanisms and phono cartridges, of the date of purchase or no later than the fourth anniversary (second for laser mechanisms and phono cartridges) of the date of shipment to an authorized Rega Dealer, whichever comes first.
- Stylus/Drive Belt: Stylus wear and turntable drive belt wear are not covered by this warranty.
- Demonstration Equipment: Equipment used by an authorized Rega Dealer for demonstration purposes is warranted to be free of manufacturing defects and materials and workmanship for a period of four (4) years from the date of shipment to the dealer or two (2) years in the case of laser mechanisms and phono cartridges. A returned product must be accompanied by a written description of the defect. Dealer-owned demonstration equipment sold at retail within four (4) years of the date of shipment to the dealer is warranted to the first retail customer to be free of manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for the duration of the 3-year Limited Warranty remaining (as measured from the date of shipment of the equipment to the dealer): this period of warranty is one (1) year in the case of laser mechanisms and phono cartridges. In the event warranty service is needed under these conditions, the owner of the equipment must provide a copy of their purchase receipt, fulfilling the requirements described under “Conditions” above. The product must be packed and returned to Rega or an authorized repair center by the customer at his or her sole expense. Rega will pay return freight of its choice.
- Miscellaneous: Any implied warranties relating to the above product shall be limited to the duration of this warranty. The warranty does not extend to any incidental or consequential costs or damage to the purchaser. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages. So the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
Inquiries in connection to the the above Limited Warranty may be sent to the following address:
The Sound Organisation
1009 Oakmead Drive
Arlington, Texas, 76011