The ProAc studio 100 was produced for over 20 years until 2013. They were made for both domestic and studio use. The studio 100 quickly became a favourite in the studios used as a near field monitor.
For the last 2 years Stewart Tyler has been working on a new speaker named the ProAc SM100 and all parameters have been improved for both studio and domestic use. It now has a new bass driver with a new surround and dust cap along with a brand new 1 inch domed tweeter and crossover network, however the cabinet remains the same.
The bass driver looks similar but has a new rubber surround for longevity and power handling and now comes in a ProAc basket. The tweeter is a new ProAc design with a 1 inch silk dome and a front plate to lower distortion, the dome has a new roll surround.
The SM100 also features a new crossover, the overall sound quality is similar to the studio 100 but slightly smoother sound makes it ideal for long listening sessions.
- two-way bookshelf loudspeaker
- bitumen-dampened MDF cabinet
- front ported
- 25 mm (1") silk dome tweeter
- 165mm (6.55") treated cone woofer
- 35Hz-30kHz frequency response
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- 88dB sensitivity
- 30 watt min, 150 watt max continuous
- 12kg (16 lbs) per side
- 406mm (16") H, 203mm (8") W, 254mm (10") D
- Standard Finishes: cherry or black ash