You may recall we had a very enlightening interview with Roy Gandy, founder and creator of Rega Research, where we learned much about the history of Rega. But we also wanted to learn more about the future of Rega and what better way to learn about what's to come than speaking with one of their youngest Design Engineers! Ashton Wagner has been influential in many of Rega's newest products, but has also changed the way Rega measures their turntable performance.
In this episode of SoundORg TV, we call up Ashton and discuss how he came to Rega and the processes and products he's been working on. We talk about the Rega Atlas Mk2, the io Integrated Amplifier, the new Kyte speakers, and we get some more insight in the improvements made in the EBLT belts. If you're interested in the behind-the-scenes side of audio product development or if you've ever wanted to work on the engineering side of the audio industry, then this is definitely a must watch. Watch now:
What did you think? Let us know in the video comments! And don't forget to like and subscribe so you never miss an episode of SoundOrg TV! Did we miss something? Then let us know and we'll answer your questions in a future episode!
About SoundOrg TV: SoundOrg TV sets out to bring the designers and manufacturers of some of the UK's finest audio brands closer to North American audio lovers. Between interviews with the companies, product announcements, and chats with reviewers and retailers, The Sound Organisation sets out to pull the curtain back on the hi-fi industry and rekindle everyone's love of great music. New episodes air on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Like and subscribe so you never miss any episode!
Watch More SoundOrg TV:
- Episode 1: Introducing SoundOrg TV
- Episode 2: Colin Pratt of Chord Electronics
- Episode 3: Max Maud of Fyne Audio
- Episode 4: Alan Gibb of The Chord Company
- Episode 5: Roy Gandy of Rega Research
- Episode 6: Jeff Dorgay of Tone Publications
- Episode 7: Phillip Swift and Mike Picanza of Spendor Audio
- Episode 8: 2Yu Deep Dive with Colin Pratt
- Episode 9: Kurt Fegraeus and Aston Martin
- Episode 10: Ashton Wagner of Rega Research
- Episode 11: Simon Crossley of McLaren Automotive
- Episode 12: Eddie Spruit of Quadraspire