In the fifth episode of SoundOrg TV, Sound Organisation President Steve Daniels has an in-depth conversation with Rega Research Co-Founder and Owner, Roy Gandy. After years of building his own turntables from spare parts, Roy partnered with Tony Relph to form Rega Research in 1973 and begin producing loudspeakers and turntables at scale. Since that day, Rega has been building award-winning turntables, speakers, amplifiers, phono stages, cartridges, tonearms, and much more. Now, Rega is a household name among any high-end audio enthusiast and a Planar turntable is featured on nearly every list of "Best Turntables".
Rega has been working hard to create fascinating new products, in particular the new Kyte Loudspeakers. Introduced in early 2020, the Kyte speakers went through a few more final changes and is now shipping across the world. Roy tells us more about the process that brought the Kyte to life and why Rega decided on such a non-traditional design. Plus, Roy tells us all about the history of Rega, his design philosophy, and more. Watch now:
What did you think? Let us know in the video comments! And don't forget to like and subscribe so you never miss an episode of SoundOrg TV! Did we miss something? Then let us know and we'll answer your questions in a future episode!
About SoundOrg TV: SoundOrg TV sets out to bring the designers and manufacturers of some of the UK's finest audio brands closer to North American audio lovers. Between interviews with the companies, product announcements, and chats with reviewers and retailers, The Sound Organisation sets out to pull the curtain back on the hi-fi industry and rekindle everyone's love of great music. New episodes air on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Like and subscribe so you never miss any episode!
Watch More SoundOrg TV:
- Episode 1: Introducing SoundOrg TV
- Episode 2: Colin Pratt of Chord Electronics
- Episode 3: Max Maud of Fyne Audio
- Episode 4: Alan Gibb of The Chord Company
- Episode 5: Roy Gandy of Rega Research
- Episode 6: Jeff Dorgay of Tone Publications
- Episode 7: Phillip Swift and Mike Picanza of Spendor Audio
- Episode 8: 2Yu Deep Dive with Colin Pratt
- Episode 9: Kurt Fegraeus and Aston Martin
- Episode 10: Ashton Wagner of Rega Research
- Episode 11: Simon Crossley of McLaren Automotive
- Episode 12: Eddie Spruit of Quadraspire