SoundOrg TV Episode 4: Alan Gibb Talks Chord Cables and English Electric
Posted by The Sound Organisation on Jun 10th 2021
In this fourth installment of SoundOrg TV, Sound Organisation President Steve Daniels chats with Alan Gibb of The Chord Company and English Electric. The Chord Company has been providing some of the best audio cables sine 1984. Then, in 2020, they announced a new brand of network switches under the famed English Electric name. Though we spend a lot of time focusing on speakers, turntables, and amplifiers, improving the cables in your sound system can actually offer more performance enhancement. That's why The Chord Company combines the best materials and construction technology to make cables that bring obvious sonic improvement to your system.
Alan walks us through the history and philosophy of The Chord Company, then let's us know why they started English Electric. After walking us through some of the new products they've released over the past year like the ChordBurndy Cable and ChordOhmic Transmission Fluid, Alan shows off the newest product from English Electric. What now:
What did you think? Let us know in the video comments! And don't forget to like and subscribe so you never miss an episode of SoundOrg TV! Did we miss something? Then let us know and we'll answer your questions in a future episode!
About SoundOrg TV: SoundOrg TV sets out to bring the designers and manufacturers of some of the UK's finest audio brands closer to North American audio lovers. Between interviews with the companies, product announcements, and chats with reviewers and retailers, The Sound Organisation sets out to pull the curtain back on the hi-fi industry and rekindle everyone's love of great music. New episodes air on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Like and subscribe so you never miss any episode!
Watch More SoundOrg TV:
- Episode 1: Introducing SoundOrg TV
- Episode 2: Colin Pratt of Chord Electronics
- Episode 3: Max Maud of Fyne Audio
- Episode 4: Alan Gibb of The Chord Company
- Episode 5: Roy Gandy of Rega Research
- Episode 6: Jeff Dorgay of Tone Publications
- Episode 7: Phillip Swift and Mike Picanza of Spendor Audio
- Episode 8: 2Yu Deep Dive with Colin Pratt
- Episode 9: Kurt Fegraeus and Aston Martin
- Episode 10: Ashton Wagner of Rega Research
- Episode 11: Simon Crossley of McLaren Automotive
- Episode 12: Eddie Spruit of Quadraspire