ProAc have updated the D30 to a D30S. Still available in a dome or ribbon tweeter - Response D30DS and D30RS respectively.
ProAc have developed a new bass driver using a cone similar to that used in our Response D48, the cone is made from pulp and Mika and is coated with an acoustic dope it also now has a phase plug to improve detail at the crossover point, which will give a more natural sound.
The Response D30S' now offer a beautifully flat response. The new bass driver and crossover will give better mid-range detail and a wider sound stage.
The D30S offers an exceptional accurate portrayal of the music with powerful bass response and excellent midrange detail with low colouration. They also offer a resistive load and are easy to drive. We use a crossover with the finest quality components split for bi-wiring and bi-amping through our beautiful nickel silver terminals.
The new D30DS/RS cabinet dimensions will stay the same and will still be available in Black, Cherry, Mahogany, Maple, Oak and White as standard with extra finishes in Ebony or Rosewood.
- two-way system floor-standing loudspeaker
- bitumen-dampened MDF cabinet
- down firing bass-reflex port terminates into plinth
- lightweight ribbon tweeter with rear damping -or- 25mm (1") silk dome tweeter
- 175mm (6.9") acoustic coated mikapulp woofer
- 20Hz-30kHz frequency response
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- 89dB sensitivity
- 10 watt min, 200 watt max continuous
- 27kg (60lbs) per side
- 1041mm (41") H, 215mm (8.5") W, 266mm (10.5") D
- Standard Finishes: cherry, black ash, mahogany
- Optional Finishes: ebony, rosewood (upcharge)
- Special Order Finish: silk white, maple, oak