Small high quality loudspeakers have become very popular, being less of an eyesore whilst reproducing some quite respectable sound quality. The new Response DB3 has a similar cabinet size to the Response DB1. There are structural and visual differences to the cabinet of the Response DB3, it also employs a new bass driver and crossover which have been chosen for their exceptional performance with a more affordable price.
The new Response DB3 has a wonderfully rich and extended bass quality, loaded with a single reflex port in the rear of the cabinet. The tweeter is our ProAc one inch soft dome used in many other ProAc designs. This one inch silk dome has a superbly flat response with electrostatic type detail and sweetness to its qualities.
A newly designed bass driver with a special surround and dust cap, allows extra information from the voice coil giving a smoother transition of frequencies to our one inch dome tweeter. The bass driver is a long throw design with a raised spider and linear motor system. The new bass driver is responsible for the remarkable bass extension.
- two-way compact bookshelf loudspeaker
- bitumen dampened cabinet
- rear ported
- 25 mm (1") silk dome tweeter with coolant
- 125mm (5") woofer w/ Paganni Mika cone, with transparent dust cap
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- 88.5dB sensitivity
- 20 watt min, 100 watt max continuous
- Weight: 8.8Kg (19.6lbs) per side
- 320mm (12.5") H, 182mm (7.3") D, 280mm (10.4") D Standard Finishes: cherry, black ash, mahogany
- Optional Finishes: ebony, rosewood (upcharge)
- Special Order Finish: silk white, maple, oak